You have life insurance, home insurance, and automobile insurance. But is your Income insured?
Statistics show you are much more likely to be injured in an accident than to die from one.
- A fatal injury occurs every 5 minutes, and a disabling injury occurs every second.
While many people survive accidental injuries, many others live with serious illnesses
- In the United States, men have slightly less than a 1-in-2 lifetime risk of developing cancer; for women, the risk is a little more than 1-in-3.
- One in three adult men and women has some form of cardiovascular disease. High blood pressure is the most common form of cardiovascular disease. 
Advances in medicine are allowing us to live longer. However, recovery from a serious illness or injury often requires time away from work.
- More than a quarter of stroke victims are under age 65.
- The five-year relative survival rate for all cancers diagnosed between 1995 and 2001 is 65 percent.
 National Safety Council, Injury Facts, 2005-2006 Edition
 American Cancer Society, Cancer Facts & Figures 2006
 American Heart Association, Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics â€“ 2006 Update
 USA Weekend, "All in the Family, " January 29, 2006